Open House Plus, College Road
Homeless and in need of accommodation?
Open House Plus is a twenty six room purpose built hostel provision for homeless people open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The accommodation, is aimed at clients who have accepted the need to change. Stays in the hostel will usually be for up to six months, with intensive support provided to enable residents to develop the skills necessary to live independently.
Developed in partnership between The M25 and South Yorkshire Housing Association.
Open House + is a place of change, a place where you can feel safe, a place where you will be supported, a place where you can start making the moves to where you want to be. A place where, with commitment, you can get to where you need to be.
You can access Open House Plus if you:
- Are single homeless or rough sleepers.
- Are aged 16 or over
- Have a need for housing related support to enable you to move on from a chaotic lifestyle
- You will work with us.
How to get referred?
All referrals are made by Doncaster Council’s Housing Options Service.
You can contact the Housing Options team:
- Telephone: 01302 736000
- In person: The Civic Building, Waterdale, Doncaster DN1 3BU during opening hours Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5pm
- To sit down with you, listen to you, agree what your needs are and what you want to achieve with us
- A named worker who will meet and work with you (your key-worker)
- Trained and professional workers
- To agree an action plan with you and work with you to meet that action plan
- That your worker will agree times with you to meet and work on the things you want / need to address
- Safe accommodation and have at least two workers at Open House plus at any time
- Clean, warm and secure accommodation
- To refer you to other agencies e.g. health, the Council as you require
- You will have a room of your own
- You will share kitchens and bathrooms with other residents
- You will be able to use the communal areas and laundry facilities
- Access to excellent training facilities including a fully equipped workshop at our Wharf House Project
- The opportunity to get work experience through our social enterprise M25 Create
What we expect from you
- That you attend the meetings set up with your key-worker
- You attend meetings set up by your key worker for you with other agencies
- You commit to working with us towards the things you wish / need to achieve. We realise it's hard and that sometimes things don't go how they are planned, but we do need your commitment.
- You take your responsibilities whilst staying with us seriously such as keeping to the house rules, your licence agreement, respecting others and taking responsibility for your own actions.
What you can expect from us
- That we treat you with respect.
- That you will be treated fairly and without discrimination
- That we listen to you
- That we will give you accurate information regarding our service
- That we will consult you regarding our service
- That we will provide the services that we have stated we will provide (see service list attached to your licence agreement)
- That we will help you to find somewhere suitable for you to live
- That we will work with other agencies to get the best for you e.g. Health / training / education services
What we expect to achieve
That within a period of around 6 months you will be able to move on to more appropriate, hopefully more independent accommodation. That in this time you will have been able to work with your Key-worker on a number of areas which will enable you to be able to keep your new accommodation.
For more information or if you have any questions about Open House Plus please contact 01302 369360. For information about M25 and our other services please contact 01302 361777