Wharf House, Wharf Road
Homeless and in need of accommodation?
Wharf House is a Thirty Room purpose built Supported Housing Provision 'A true Place of Change' for homeless people open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Our aim is to provide excellent accommodation, support and access to health services, training and employment opportunities for our clients. So clients can move on to their own accommodation quickly and effectively.
Developed as a partnership between the M25 Housing & Support Group, Chevin Housing Association and Doncaster Council. Wharf House is a light, bright and exciting provision providing an excellent service to homeless people in Doncaster.
The accommodation is split into two parts;
- Direct Access accommodation - if we have a vacancy we will assess you for that vacancy and you can move in straight away (14 Units) aimed at clients who have no accommodation where they can reasonable reside. The clients in these rooms will be provided with two meals per day.
- En-suite rooms for clients who have a commitment to addressing their needs and working with us to move on.
Stays at Wharf House will usually be around three to six months.
You can access Wharf House if:
- You are homeless
- Are single homeless or rough sleepers.
- Are aged 16 or over
- You have a need for housing related support to enable you to move on from a chaotic lifestyle
- You will work with us.
We can also work with couples.
How to get referred?
You can self refer – either come down to Wharf House and speak to a worker or give us a call on 01302 558010. If you have a worker from another agency working with you they can contact us on your behalf - download the referral form here.
If you wish you can contact us and we can arrange for you to come and have at look around and speak to other residents at Wharf House before you move in.
- To sit down with you, listen to you, agree what your needs are and what you want to achieve with us
- A named worker who will meet and work with you (your key-worker)
- Trained and professional workers
- To agree an action plan with you and work with you to meet that action plan
- That your worker will agree times with you to meet and work on the things you want / need to address
- Safe accommodation and have at least two workers at Wharf House at any time
- Clean, warm and secure accommodation
- To refer you to other agencies e.g. health, accommodation and training providers as you require
- Sixteen en-suite (second stage) rooms (they have their own bathroom / toilet)
- You will have a room of your own
- In the en-suite rooms you will share a kitchens with four other rooms
- In the Direct access rooms you will be provided with two meals per day
- In the direct access accommodation you will share bathrooms and toilet facilities with other residents
- Excellent training facilities including a fully equipped workshop.
- The opportunity to get work experience through our social enterprise ‘M25 Create'
- Laundry facilities
- Excellent communal areas – including gym equipment
What we expect
- That you attend the meetings set up with your key-worker
- You attend meetings set up by your key worker for you with other agencies
- You commit to working with us towards the things you wish / need to achieve. We realise its hard and that sometimes things don't go how they are planned, but we do need your commitment.
- You take your responsibilities whilst staying with us seriously such as keeping to the house rules, your licence agreement, respecting others and taking responsibility for your own actions
What you can expect from us
- That we treat you with respect.
- That you will be treated fairly and without discrimination
- That we listen to you
- That we will give you accurate information regarding our service
- That we will consult you regarding our service
- That we will provide the services that we have stated we will provide (see service list attached to your licence agreement)
- That we will help you to find somewhere suitable for you to live
- That we will work with other agencies to get the best for you e.g. Health / training / education services
What we expect to achieve
That within a period of around 6 months you will be able to move on to more appropriate, hopefully more independent accommodation. That in this time you will have been able to work with your Key-worker on a number of areas which will enable you to be able to keep your new accommodation.
For more information or if you have any questions about Wharf House please contact 01302 558010.